Here we are babes. Thursday 31 December 2020, the last day of the year 2020. What a year it has been! Like I said before: 2020 will be one for the books. Heck, 2020 deserves it’s own book! But even with all the events and turmoil that came with the year 2020, I want to give thanks for all the good things that happen to me and to the rest of the world this past year. Because there are always things to be thankful for.
Despite the Corona virus world pandemic, the Black Lives Matter fight we still have to deal with to this day and the natural disasters, 2020 was definitely a year of appreciation, positive changes, growth, but above all: awakening! It was so beautiful to me to see how humanity came together in times of need, to fight for eachother’s health, lives and rights. It warms my heart to know that the majority of the human race still believes in love. Because it is with love and care that we can achieve so much more together. Thank you humanity.
The year 2020 will mainly go down history as the year of the Corona virus, COVID-19 and the year that changed our lives as we knew it. But this year also showed us how well human beings can adapt if the situation asks for it. Hats off!
Even though things did not go as anticipated and planned, 2020 has been a good year for me and I will remember it forever. For me 2020 will always be the year that I:
- Started with a wonderful vacation in my home country Suriname.
- Got to stay at hotel Torarica in Paramaribo for the first time and was treated so well.
- Got a well deserved rest after working for 20 years, without feeling guilty.
- Had the time to really think about what I want in life.
- Had the time to work on my own goals.
- Discovered just how much I love to be at home.
- Had a wonderful birthday at home with my family.
- Had an amazing idea for a new business.
- Landed the professional opportunity of my dreams.
- Got the idea to expand my own business.
- Finally finished watching The Fresh Prince of Bel Air (and cried at the end).
- Finally watched all the 12 seasons of The Big Bang Theory (and cried at the end).
- Have not been on a vacation other than the one I was already on at the beginning, but did not feel the need to.
- Never complained about the new normal, but instead appreciated all opportunities that came along with it.
The year 2020 is also the year that I lost an uncle very dear to me, but I am so grateful I got to end 2019 and start 2020 with him. It is also the year I lost my favourite great aunt and her husband, but I am also grateful I have spend so much time with them over the past years. This year has to end without them, but their spirits and memory will life on forever. My family and I got new angels to watch over us.
As I am about to go celebrate the end of this year with my loved ones, I just want to say thank you for all the good that happen in my life, for the fact that I am still here, happy and healthy. For the chance I get to see another new year. Thank you 2020! You have been such an eye opener. 2020 you were an awakening! We will never forget you!
Let’s all say: Goodbye 2020! Welcome 2021! 🙂
XX Fashion Diva