The new year 2015 is here! After celebrating the end of 2014 and welcoming the new year 2015, it’s time to get back up on that horse to make this year better than the year before. In the new years wishes you give and get back from people, success is one of the most mentioned besides happy and healthy. But how can you make a success out of this brand new year?
Here are 15 tips to start with:
1. Be active. Wanting success and getting the success you want are two different things. Nothing will come if you sit around and wait for it. Rule number one to be successful at anything is to stop talking and start acting.
2. Set realistic goals. Instead of new years resolutions you can never stick to set goals for yourself. Even if it is one goal you want to achieve this year, go for it in a SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time-bound) way and work towards it everyday.
3. Have positive energy. Positivity attracts positivity, so stay positive no matter what. Only positive vibes help create success.
4. Take one step at the time. Don’t be all over the place with your changes and projects for the new year. Focus on one thing at the time and do that well before going to another.
5. Put your health first. We are nothing without our health, so take good care of yourself at all time. Eat healthy, exercise, seek fresh air, sleep well, drink water, take your vitamins and don’t worry too much.
6. Avoid stress and stressful situations (as much as you can). For most people it is not entirely possible to live a stress free life, but it is possible to avoid stressing out uncontrollably. It is not the situation, but it is how you choose to look at or handle the situations. Don’t get yourself worked up too much and remember that this too shall pass.
7. Stop trying to control everything. As much as you like to control situations or people, sometimes it’s best to let go and go with the flow. Being flexible never hurt anyone.
8. Be confident. People can see if you’re confident with yourself or not. Always remember that you are enough and you are worthy. If you’re unsure how to handle yourself I’d say fake it till you make it. Act as if you know your idea is the bomb even if you’re shaking inside. Look the other person straight in the eye and sell yourself during your job interview even if you think you don’t stand a chance against other candidates you have seen. Confidence is key. Own it!
9. Look forward and not back. Let bygones be bygones and focus on a bright future. You can’t change your past, you are not your past and your past doesn’t define who you are. Just remember to learn from it and take these lessons with you in the future.
10. Enjoy everyday and don’t take anything or anyone for granted. This might sound very cliché but there are still people who take life and the people in it for granted as if everything will be there forever. Nothing lasts forever and nobody promised us tomorrow. So, smile everyday, love everyday, learn everyday, live everyday and be thankful for everyday and everyone in your life.
11. Don’t feel entitled but work for it. If you feel like you have the right to something, don’t get smart or snobby about it, but prepare to work hard for it. When working hard, you learn in the process and in the long run enjoy the fruits of your labour. Know that people who feel entitled almost never get the job.
12. Educate yourself constantly. If you want success you need to be up to speed about the area you want to have the success in. School yourself by reading, surfing on the internet, watching the news, asking questions, take part in discussions etc. Do your research!
13. Do it for yourself. When taking on new endeavours, remember that you have nothing to prove to nobody but yourself. success is something you need to want for yourself and not for the envy by others.
14. Be patient. Nothing comes before its time. When you have done everything in your power to get what you want, all you can do is wait for the results. Patience is like a bitter tree with sweet fruits.
15. Forgive. Holding grudges against others never pay off and will only eat you up inside. Forgive someone not just because it’s righteous, but for yourself so that you can move on with your life.
The key to success lies within yourself. So before you start blaming external factors for your failures or lack of success, start with number one. That is My Message to you for 2015.
Have a great year!